For help with your password, university email or any other technology issues, questions, or requests, contact the IT Service Desk.
The IT Service Desk offers 24-hour support, seven days a week, via email and phone.
- Phone: 614-688-4357(HELP)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Service and Chat support: http://ocio.osu.edu/selfservice
More of a do-it yourself type? Access the Online Knowledge Bank
See if problems or outages have been identified for any Ohio State Systems.
Basic Tech Requirements
Check the website for your degree program to see if they have additional requirements or recommendations.
You will need:
- Computer which meets Ohio State’s minimum requirements
- Stable high-speed internet connection (DSL or cable)
- Current versions of a web browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
- Up-to-date Java plugin
Find resources to protect yourself and your computer at cybersecurity.osu.edu/students.
Ohio State Username
Once you are admitted to the university and accept your admission, you will receive your Ohio State username (lastname.#). To activate your username:
- Visit my.osu.edu
- Select the Activate Now button
- Follow the instructions to activate your Ohio State Username (last name.#)
BuckeyePass is a multifactor authentication service you will use to log in to many Ohio State services, such as My Buckeye Link, the secure site where you will enroll in courses. To set up BuckeyePass:
- Go to buckeyepass.osu.edu
- Click the Register/Manage Devices button
- Follow the instructions to finish setting up BuckeyePass
For more detailed instructions and help with BuckeyePass, visit go.osu.edu/duohelp.
BuckeyeMail (email@example.com) is your official university email account. Important and time-sensitive business communications from Ohio State – such us your enrollment registration window notification and communications from your instructors – will be emailed to your BuckeyeMail account. To set up your account:
- Go to my.osu.edu
- Log in with your Ohio State username and password
- Select Change Email Delivery
- Select Create my BuckeyeMail account and submit
Once your request has been processed (allow up to 90 minutes), you'll be able to log in at buckeyemail.osu.edu. Check your email several times a week until school begins, and then daily.
Your BuckeyeMail also gives you access to Microsoft 365, which Ohio State students are eligible to use for free. Your Microsoft 365 ID is your full BuckeyeMail address and the password you chose when you activated your Ohio State username. For directions on how to download Microsoft 365, visit go.osu.edu/office365help.