For help with your password, university email, Carmen, or any other technology issues, questions, or requests, contact the IT Service Desk.
The IT Service Desk offers 24 hour support, seven days a week, via email and phone.
- Phone: 614-688-HELP (4357)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-Service and Chat support: http://ocio.osu.edu/selfservice
- Text Telephone for the Deaf: 614-688-8743
More of a do-it yourself type? Access the Online Knowledge Bank
See if problems or outages have been identified for any Ohio State Systems.
Basic Tech Requirements
(Check the website for your degree program to see if they have additional requirements or recommendations).
- Current Mac (OS X, v10.7 or higher recommended) or PC (Windows Vista, or Windows 7 or 8 recommended)
- Stable high-speed internet connection (DSL or cable)
- Firefox web browser (download for free)
- Up-to-date Java, Flash, and Silverlight plugins installed (see the Firefox plugin check)
Keeping your system up to date and secure:
Password, Records, and Digital Identity
- my.osu.edu is where you manage your username, password, and e-mail delivery. Below are some tips for navigating your my.osu student portal.
- BuckeyeLink: Find your Ohio State ID number and manage your academic schedule, finances and personal information
You can access BuckeyeMail (buckeyemail.osu.edu), Ohio State’s student email service, using your email@example.com and password.
- How to get started with BuckeyeMail on the web
- How to check BuckeyeMail
- BuckeyeMail frequently asked questions
- Sync BuckeyeMail to your mobile device to access email on the go
- University E-mail Service: Faculty and Staff E-mail User Information
- For support, please contact the IT Service Desk by calling 614-688-4357 (HELP) or visiting Self Service.
CarmenCanvas is Ohio State’s learning management system. Your online classes will each have a site in Carmen that will serve as a hub for all the course content and activities.
BuckeyeBox makes group projects and other collaborations simple. Each student is entitled to a 50GB account in the cloud for sharing documents with peers, reviewing on the go, collaborative writing and more.