Carolynn Thomas Jones, DNP, MSPH, RN
Carolyn Thomas Jones, DNP, MSPH, RN is Assistant Professor of Clinical Nursing with The Ohio State University College of Nursing and the Lead Faculty for the Master’s in Applied Clinical and Pre-Clinical Research (MACPR) Clinical Research Management Specialty and Core Courses. Dr. Jones has nearly 30 years experience as a clinical research professional. She is a founding member of the Joint Task Force for Harmonized Clinical Research Core Competencies and has a research interest in nursing and professional roles in the clinical research enterprise and clinical research core competencies. She is Immediate Past President for the Consortium of Academic Programs in Clinical Research and is a Consultant Executive Director for the Mycoses Study Group Education and Research Consortium. A member of multiple clinical research professional associations, she has published widely on clinical research management topics.
- 2014 Excellence in Teaching, UAB School of Nursing. School of Nursing.
- 2013-2014 Sparkman Fellow. Craig Wilson, MD.
- 2016. Chapter 5: Navigating the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Burlington: Jones & Bartlett Learning. .
- 2016. "Chapter 6: The Clinical Needs Assessment: Foundations for Application.." In Project Planning and Management, edited by Harris, JL, Roussel, L., Walters, SE, Dearman, C, 121 - 142. Burlington: Jones and Bartlet. .
- 2015, "Evolving PICOT for the digital age: PICOT-D." Journal of Nursing Education 54, no. 10, 594 - 9. ,
- 2015, ). Alignment of competencies to address inefficiencies in medicines development and clinical research: Need for inter-professional education. Pharmaceutical Medicine 29, no. 3, 131 - 140. ,
- 2015, Research nurse manager perceptions about research activities performed by non-nurse clinical research coordinators. Nursing Outlook 63, no. 4, 474 - 483. ,
- 2015, Academic programs that produce clinical research professionals. DIA Global Forum 7, no. 5, 16 - 19. ,
- 2015, "Evolving the PICOT Method for the Digital Age: The PICOT-D." JOURNAL OF NURSING EDUCATION 54, no. 10, 594 - 599. ,
- 2014, Global perspectives on nursing leadership: Lessons learned from an international nursing and healthcare leadership development program. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 4(2), 1-13. 4, no. 2, 1 - 13. ,
- 2014, "Clinical research nurses' perceptions of research activities performed by unsupervised non-nurse clinical research coordinators." The Monitor 28, no. 1, 12 - 19. ,
- 2014, Moving form compliance to competency: A harmonized core competency framework for the clinical research professional.. Clinical Researher 28, no. 3, 17 - 23. ,
- 2013, "Enhancing Research Capacity for Global Health: Evaluation of a Distance-Based Program for International Study Coordinators." JOURNAL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION IN THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS 33, no. 1, 67 - 75. ,
- 2011, Cutaneous Cancers in an Interventional Cardiologist: A Cautionary Tale. Journal of Interventional Cardiology 24, no. 1, 49 - 55. ,