Dr. Graham Cochran
Associate Professor, Community and Extension Education and Leadership
B.S. in Biology, Marietta College
M.S. in Zoology, Miami University
Ph.D in Extension Education, The Ohio State University
Organizational development for Extension education
Workforce preparation for youth
- 2015 NAE4-HA Excellence in Camping, Team Award (for research on competencies for camp counselors). National Association of Extension 4-H Agents.
- 2012 1st Place in Educational Exhibit, Internally Produced Category, ESP Creative Works. ESP.
- 2012 Visionary Leadership Recognition (Award given to recognize “Extension professionals whose significant accomplishments have resulted in leading Extension forward in new directions.” One award in Ohio given annually. Selected by a peer review committee.). Epsilon Sigma Phi - Alpha Eta Chapter.
- 2015, Organizational values in Ohio State University Extension: Employee perceptions of value and evidence in practice. Journal of Extension 53, no. 3, Article 3FEA7 - ,
- 2014, Evaluation of the “Leadership Institute”: A program to build individual and organizational capacity through emotional intelligence. Journal of Extension 52, no. 1, Article 1RIB2 - ,
- 2014, Using an initiative to focus programming efforts: A case study of the Ohio 4-H Workforce Preparation Initiative. Journal of Extension 52, no. 3, Article 3FEA8 - ,
- 2013, Leadership Institute: Building leadership capacity through emotional intelligence. Journal of Extension 51, no. 2, Article 2IAW3 - ,
- 2012, Trends affecting Ohio State University Extension in the 21st Century and the implications for human capital. Journal of Agricultural Education 53, no. 2, 43 - 57. ,
- 2011, Competency modeling in Extension education: Integrating an academic Extension education model with an Extension human resource management model. Journal of Agricultural Education 52, no. 3, 64 - 74. ,
- 2010, "Getting real results with Ohio State University Extensionâ€™s Real. Money Real World. program." Journal of Youth Development 2, no. 5, ,
- 2010, Extension’s role in preparing youth for the workforce: A challenge to Extension professionals. Journal of Extension 48, no. 4, ,
- 2009, Preparing youth for the 21st century knowledge economy: Youth programs and workforce preparation. Afterschool Matters 8, 11 - 25. ,
- 2008, "Preparing teens for success: Building 21st century skills through a 4-H work-based learning program." Journal of Youth Development 1, no. 3, ,
- 2007, "Adventure Central: Applying the "demonstration plot" concept to youth development." Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement 4, no. 11, ,
- 2007, "Negotiating the complexities of qualitative research in higher education: Fundamental elements and issues â€“ A book review." Journal of Extension 4, no. 45, ,
- 2006, Parents' perceptions of family involvement and youth outcomes at an urban 4-H education center. The Forum for Family and Consumer Issues 2, no. 11, ,
- 2000, "Effects of food supplementation on the social organization of prairie voles (Microtus ochrogaster)." Journal of Mammalogy 3, no. 81, 746 - 757. ,